- H.264 and other codecs comparison
- Pro Tools/ iTunes/ QuickTime 7 bug, workaround. A workaround for users of Digidesign Pro Tools and QuickTime 7.
* Backup - our MobileMe Backup QuickPicks.
* Automator Actions - our Automator Actions (Workflows).
- Sepialise Me - turns colour photos to speia photos (free).
* iWork - including Pages, Keynote and Numbers.
* iSight and iChat- information about using iSight webcam and iChat and general Mac audio/video chatting.
* AntTunes701 - iTunes Store Gateway.
Mac Talk - join our Macintosh related discussion. (forum)
24 May, 2004
Panther security holes
Yes, more bugs discovered in Panther after the release of “Security Update 2004-05-24” (10.3.3) which address the security issue in Help Viewer.
Two more serious holes in OS X have been discovered. The latest Security Update fixes the help-viewer vulnerability and seems to have done the same on one of the newer holes. That just leaves this hole which so far only Paranoid Androd seems to be able to patch so far.
So are you paranoid?
(Based on AppleTalk AU's news article)
Help Viewer no longer will launch scripts that it does not specifically execute.
Terminal in Jaguar was also updated. It is not apparent what the changes were.
Posted by Antony at May 24, 2004 6:04 PM
>> more MacCentre701 May 2004 reports.
Text Link Advertising - increase link popularity and reach top 10 listings with LinkWorth.
Monetize Your Site
[MacCentre701] (a Mac section from SillyDog701) [Download Netscape] [MozInfo701]
[Search] [Change Log] [Feedback] [About SillyDog701] [SillyDog701 Sitemap]
Copyright © 2004 - 2011 SillyDog701. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice. Privacy Statement.