- H.264 and other codecs comparison
- Pro Tools/ iTunes/ QuickTime 7 bug, workaround. A workaround for users of Digidesign Pro Tools and QuickTime 7.
* Backup - our MobileMe Backup QuickPicks.
* Automator Actions - our Automator Actions (Workflows).
- Sepialise Me - turns colour photos to speia photos (free).
* iWork - including Pages, Keynote and Numbers.
* iSight and iChat- information about using iSight webcam and iChat and general Mac audio/video chatting.
* AntTunes701 - iTunes Store Gateway.
Mac Talk - join our Macintosh related discussion. (forum)
9 May, 2004
speed up Virtual PC for Mac!
There are quite a few people like me who need to run Windows applications all the time, and don't won't to get a PC. Virtual PC for Mac 6 seems like a perfect solution. It allows Mac users to run most x86 (PC) operating systems under its emulating environment.
The main draw back about that is the speed of Virtual PC.
We all know that we need faster computer to get more satisfactory performance. One of the main thing we want to see is how fast the CPU does Virtual PC emulate? And how well do they perform?advertisement:
In Windows, under My Computers (or System Properties). There's no indication about the CPU speed.
With 3 machines of different specifications all running Virtual PC 6.1.1 under Mac OS X 10.3.3 (Panther) I run the PCMark 2002 Free to get some results.
From the first generation of G4 (400MHz) to the most powerful PowerMac G4 Apple has ever released - dual 1.42GHz, and a recent release of PowerBook 12 (revC)... results of benchmarking are available ...
for more detail and the results, please read Virtual PC for Mac performance (SillyDog701 Message Centre)
Posted by Antony at May 9, 2004 1:59 PM
>> more MacCentre701 May 2004 reports.
Text Link Advertising - increase link popularity and reach top 10 listings with LinkWorth.
Monetize Your Site
[MacCentre701] (a Mac section from SillyDog701) [Download Netscape] [MozInfo701]
[Search] [Change Log] [Feedback] [About SillyDog701] [SillyDog701 Sitemap]
Copyright © 2004 - 2011 SillyDog701. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice. Privacy Statement.