- H.264 and other codecs comparison
- Pro Tools/ iTunes/ QuickTime 7 bug, workaround. A workaround for users of Digidesign Pro Tools and QuickTime 7.
* Backup - our MobileMe Backup QuickPicks.
* Automator Actions - our Automator Actions (Workflows).
- Sepialise Me - turns colour photos to speia photos (free).
* iWork - including Pages, Keynote and Numbers.
* iSight and iChat- information about using iSight webcam and iChat and general Mac audio/video chatting.
* AntTunes701 - iTunes Store Gateway.
Mac Talk - join our Macintosh related discussion. (forum)
8 May, 2004
does size matter? PowerBook in 12", 15" or even 17"
How important is the size of the laptop? We all want a bigger screen to work with, but bigger isn't necessary better.
There is a nice review by Vincent Laforet, Does size really matter? Debating the 12 - Inch vs. 15 - Inch PowerBook.
In addition to his points, do I need to carry a large screen around? There's comes the considerations.
Basically, PowerBook 15 inch provides better (brighter) display in addition to work space. the ratio is 5:3.
For real professionals, they carry 17" PowerBook with external FireWire drives. They use 22 megapixel digital cameras. (Steve Kalalian - Digital Imagiing on Steroids)
For film makers, they definitely need 15" or 17" PowerBooks.
For rest of us, a laptop should be easy to carry. PowerBook 12" is still the most compact, full feature laptop notebook around. Unless you are able to carry the 17" around, or you want to use it as desktop replacement... I would opt out that option. Between 15" and 12", it's a bit harder to decide, when the weight is not much lighter in 12" (compared to 15").
My recommendation, unless you really need to work in larger screen. Go for 12", make your life easier and you will sure be able to carry it around a lot easier. It's a laptop, make it portable!
> Join our discussion at Size matters. PowerBook 12, 15, or 17? (SillyDog701 Forums)
Posted by Antony at May 8, 2004 1:35 PM
>> more MacCentre701 May 2004 reports.
Text Link Advertising - increase link popularity and reach top 10 listings with LinkWorth.
Monetize Your Site
[MacCentre701] (a Mac section from SillyDog701) [Download Netscape] [MozInfo701]
[Search] [Change Log] [Feedback] [About SillyDog701] [SillyDog701 Sitemap]
Copyright © 2004 - 2011 SillyDog701. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice. Privacy Statement.