- H.264 and other codecs comparison
- Pro Tools/ iTunes/ QuickTime 7 bug, workaround. A workaround for users of Digidesign Pro Tools and QuickTime 7.
* Backup - our MobileMe Backup QuickPicks.
* Automator Actions - our Automator Actions (Workflows).
- Sepialise Me - turns colour photos to speia photos (free).
* iWork - including Pages, Keynote and Numbers.
* iSight and iChat- information about using iSight webcam and iChat and general Mac audio/video chatting.
* AntTunes701 - iTunes Store Gateway.
Mac Talk - join our Macintosh related discussion. (forum)
3 February, 2006
Adobe's Intel based Mac support...
According to The Mac Observer, and Adobe's official document on Intel-based Mac support Adobe Support for Intel-based Mac computers (pdf), Adobe won't release Universal Binary applications for Intel-based Macs soon. October 2006 is the earliest we can expect.
Adobe won't re-release it's current offerings to Universal Binary. Instead Universal Binary builds will be released as part of Adobe's regular 18-24 months product cycle. Applications includes Adobe Creative Suite 2 and Studio 8, as well as individual applications such as Photoshop CS2, InDesign CS2, Illustrator CS2, Acrobat 7.0 Professional, Dreamweaver 8, Flash Professional 8, and After Effects 7.0.
Adobe's current applications runs on Rosetta, however with a performance hits.
If you are using a PowerMac G5, the performance hit when switching to an Intel model might be more than you want. G4 users, however, may not notice the degradation, since Rosetta may run the CS2 applications at the same speed they are already accustomed to.
Reference: Adobe Intel Support: October at the Earliest (The Mac Observer, 2 Feb 2006)
Posted by Antony at February 3, 2006 10:57 AM
>> more MacCentre701 February 2006 reports.
Text Link Advertising - increase link popularity and reach top 10 listings with LinkWorth.
Monetize Your Site
[MacCentre701] (a Mac section from SillyDog701) [Download Netscape] [MozInfo701]
[Search] [Change Log] [Feedback] [About SillyDog701] [SillyDog701 Sitemap]
Copyright © 2004 - 2011 SillyDog701. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice. Privacy Statement.