- H.264 and other codecs comparison
- Pro Tools/ iTunes/ QuickTime 7 bug, workaround. A workaround for users of Digidesign Pro Tools and QuickTime 7.
* Backup - our MobileMe Backup QuickPicks.
* Automator Actions - our Automator Actions (Workflows).
- Sepialise Me - turns colour photos to speia photos (free).
* iWork - including Pages, Keynote and Numbers.
* iSight and iChat- information about using iSight webcam and iChat and general Mac audio/video chatting.
* AntTunes701 - iTunes Store Gateway.
Mac Talk - join our Macintosh related discussion. (forum)
24 August, 2006
Apple pays Creative US$100m, patent disputes settled
Apple and Creative Technology have settled the patent disputes and Apple agreed to pay Creative Technology US$100m. Creative also announced that it has joined Apple's "Made for iPod" program and will introduce its own iPod accessories later this year.
The US$100 million is for a paid-up license to use Creative's patent for an MP3 player interface, however, Apple can recoup a portion of that money if Creative successfully licenses its patent to other companies.advertisement:
"Creative is very fortunate to have been granted this early patent," said Apple CEO Steve Jobs said in a press release. "This settlement resolves all of our differences with Creative, including the five lawsuits currently pending between the companies, and removes the uncertainty and distraction of prolonged litigation."
For the press release:
Posted by Antony at August 24, 2006 1:48 PM
>> more MacCentre701 August 2006 reports.
Text Link Advertising - increase link popularity and reach top 10 listings with LinkWorth.
Monetize Your Site
[MacCentre701] (a Mac section from SillyDog701) [Download Netscape] [MozInfo701]
[Search] [Change Log] [Feedback] [About SillyDog701] [SillyDog701 Sitemap]
Copyright © 2004 - 2011 SillyDog701. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice. Privacy Statement.