- H.264 and other codecs comparison
- Pro Tools/ iTunes/ QuickTime 7 bug, workaround. A workaround for users of Digidesign Pro Tools and QuickTime 7.
* Backup - our MobileMe Backup QuickPicks.
* Automator Actions - our Automator Actions (Workflows).
- Sepialise Me - turns colour photos to speia photos (free).
* iWork - including Pages, Keynote and Numbers.
* iSight and iChat- information about using iSight webcam and iChat and general Mac audio/video chatting.
* AntTunes701 - iTunes Store Gateway.
Mac Talk - join our Macintosh related discussion. (forum)
4 October, 2006
smooth zooming in OS X 10.4.8
Apple released Mac OS X 10.4.8 update few days ago, and we just noticed there's a neat new feature for screen zooming: zooming with your mouse wheel.
How's this feature handy? You can sit back, and enjoy reading the article without changing the resolution of your display. You can zoom up and down the screen easily by rotating the scroll ball or mouse wheel while holding down control key (default setting, changeable). All you need is a mouse with a scroll ball or wheel and Mac OS X 10.4.8.advertisement:
We made a short video clip to demonstrate the zooming feature:
(click the QuickTime screenshot above to watch the movie, streaming.)
The setting is under System Preferences | Keyboard & Mouse | Mouse as shown in screenshot below:
Under OS X's built-in Universal Access, the zooming feature is still there (Command + option + 8), but for most of us who don't use Universal Access, we probably won't remember the shortcut or even the feature. This zooming by mouse can be handy at the time when needed.
Join our discussion at SillyDog701 Message Centre.
Posted by Antony at October 4, 2006 12:47 PM
>> more MacCentre701 October 2006 reports.
Text Link Advertising - increase link popularity and reach top 10 listings with LinkWorth.
Monetize Your Site
[MacCentre701] (a Mac section from SillyDog701) [Download Netscape] [MozInfo701]
[Search] [Change Log] [Feedback] [About SillyDog701] [SillyDog701 Sitemap]
Copyright © 2004 - 2011 SillyDog701. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice. Privacy Statement.