- H.264 and other codecs comparison
- Pro Tools/ iTunes/ QuickTime 7 bug, workaround. A workaround for users of Digidesign Pro Tools and QuickTime 7.
* Backup - our MobileMe Backup QuickPicks.
* Automator Actions - our Automator Actions (Workflows).
- Sepialise Me - turns colour photos to speia photos (free).
* iWork - including Pages, Keynote and Numbers.
* iSight and iChat- information about using iSight webcam and iChat and general Mac audio/video chatting.
* AntTunes701 - iTunes Store Gateway.
Mac Talk - join our Macintosh related discussion. (forum)
24 October, 2006
Windows Vista not allowed under virtualization
According to Windows Vista license terms published by Microsoft, and reported by AppleInsider. Microsoft Vista Home Basic and Home Premium are not allowed to be installed under virtualization such as Parallels Desktop.
Under the section of "Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic" and "Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium" (both page 11 of the PDF file), it says
USE WITH VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGIES. You may not use the software installed on the licensed device within a virtual (or otherwise emulated) hardware system.
However, in page 13 of the license terms, which is under "Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate", using Windows Vista Ultimate under virtualization environment is allowed.
6. USE WITH VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGIES. You may use the software installed on the licensed device within a virtual (or otherwise emulated) hardware system on the licensed device. If you do so, you may not play or access content or use applications protected by any Microsoft digital, information or enterprise rights management technology or other Microsoft rights management services or use BitLocker. We advise against playing or accessing content or using applications protected by other digital, information or enterprise rights management technology or other rights management services or using full volume disk drive encryption.
Microsoft allows users to run Vista Ultimate under virtualization environment, but not Vista Home Basic or Home Premiere.
As reported earlier, Windows Vista will be very expensive, at US$ 399; the cheaper alternatives of Vista does not allow to be installed under virtualization environment according to the license.
Parallels Desktop for Mac adds support of Windows Vista last month.
Join our discussion at SillyDog701 Message Centre.
Posted by Antony at October 24, 2006 3:33 PM
>> more MacCentre701 October 2006 reports.
Text Link Advertising - increase link popularity and reach top 10 listings with LinkWorth.
Monetize Your Site
[MacCentre701] (a Mac section from SillyDog701) [Download Netscape] [MozInfo701]
[Search] [Change Log] [Feedback] [About SillyDog701] [SillyDog701 Sitemap]
Copyright © 2004 - 2011 SillyDog701. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice. Privacy Statement.