- H.264 and other codecs comparison
- Pro Tools/ iTunes/ QuickTime 7 bug, workaround. A workaround for users of Digidesign Pro Tools and QuickTime 7.
* Backup - our MobileMe Backup QuickPicks.
* Automator Actions - our Automator Actions (Workflows).
- Sepialise Me - turns colour photos to speia photos (free).
* iWork - including Pages, Keynote and Numbers.
* iSight and iChat- information about using iSight webcam and iChat and general Mac audio/video chatting.
* AntTunes701 - iTunes Store Gateway.
Mac Talk - join our Macintosh related discussion. (forum)
16 March, 2007
Pennsylvania University dumps PC for Mac, saves money
News from Computerworld.
Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania is eliminating all of their PCs in favour of Macs and will also take the advantage of Apple's Boot Camp. Scott Byers, vice president for finance and the head of campus IT said that with the new initiative, they'll be be able to reduce the total number of computers and save about US$150,000.
"We'll be able to reduce the number [of computers] by about 250 across the campus," said Byers. This is because labs and classrooms were typically outfitted with an inefficient PC-Mac mix. Now, with all Macs and Boot Camp, users can select the OS they need or prefer and the total hardware investment is reduced. Byers expects the total number of campus computers to drop from 1,700 to about 1,450.
Mr. Byers also cited the security of Mac OS X. "It is, well, the superior OS, isn't it?" said Byers. Prior to the change over, the IT manager was a "dyed-in-the-wool Windows user."
Sources: Pennsylvania university pulls PC plug, goes all-Mac (Computerworld)
Join our discussion - “Pennsylvania University dumps PCs for Macs, and saves money” at SillyDog701 Message Centre.
Posted by Antony at March 16, 2007 1:04 PM
>> more MacCentre701 March 2007 reports.
Text Link Advertising - increase link popularity and reach top 10 listings with LinkWorth.
Monetize Your Site
[MacCentre701] (a Mac section from SillyDog701) [Download Netscape] [MozInfo701]
[Search] [Change Log] [Feedback] [About SillyDog701] [SillyDog701 Sitemap]
Copyright © 2004 - 2011 SillyDog701. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice. Privacy Statement.