Firefox Backup ‘QuickPick’
Backing up Mozilla Firefox profile data has never been easier
Firefox is an open source browser from Mozilla Foundation.
To use Backup software, you will need .Mac membership to activate Backup. Trial membership will do the job. (see here for more detail) Try .Mac free for 60 days now.
- download and run the Firefox Backup ‘QuickPick’ installer:
Firefox Backup QuickPick installer (8.3 KB)
- exit Backup.app if it is running
- Press the + button to create a new backup plan and choose “Custom”.
- Give a name to your backup plan, such as “Firefox”. Under “Backup Items”, press the + button to add an item.
- In the “QuickPicks” tab, choose “Mozilla Firefox” and press “Done”.
- Set up a destination and schedule and you're done!
This Firefox Backup QuickPick will back up Firefox settings files under
and Firefox's Mac OS X preferences file.
If you have any questions or issues on this QuickPick, please ask in our support forum.
About Backup and .Mac membership (subscription):
Backup software will continue to function after .Mac subscription expiry, however, a valid .Mac account is required to activate Backup software for the first time you run it. Trial .Mac membership is sufficient for authentication. (Apple Knowledge Base Article: 86104)
This page was first released on 17 March, 2006, last updated on
5 November, 2006. br>
Copyright © 2006 Antony Shen. All rights reserved.