Thunderbird Backup ‘QuickPick’
Easiest way to back up Mozilla Thunderbird data and settings
Mozilla Thunderbird is an open source email and newsgroup client from Mozilla Foundation.
To use Backup software, you will need .Mac membership to activate Backup. Trial membership will do the job. (see here for more detail) Try .Mac free for 60 days now.
- download and run the Thunderbird Backup ‘QuickPick’ installer:
Thunderbird Backup ‘QuickPick’ installer (8.6 KB)
- exit Backup.app if it is running
- Press the + button to create a new backup plan and choose “Custom”.
- Give a name to your backup plan, such as “Firefox”. Under “Backup Items”, press the + button to add an item.
- In the “QuickPicks” tab, choose “Mozilla Firefox” and press “Done”.
- Set up a destination and schedule and you're done!
This Thunderbird Backup ‘QuickPick’ will back up Thunderbirk email, newsgroups, addressbook and settings
and Thunderbird's Mac OS X preferences file.
If you have any questions or issues on this QuickPick, please ask in our support forum.
About Backup and .Mac membership (subscription):
Backup software will continue to function after .Mac subscription expiry, however, a valid .Mac account is required to activate Backup software for the first time you run it. Trial .Mac membership is sufficient for authentication. (Apple Knowledge Base Article: 86104)
This page was first released on 19 March, 2006, last updated on
28 March, 2006. br>
Copyright © 2006 Antony Shen. All rights reserved.